Pages

Search This Blog

10 May, 2015

HOW TO TAKE THE PRESSURE OFF YOURSELF

How To Take The Pressure Off Yourself

For the first time in a long while I've been feeling quite anxious and overwhelmed with things going on in my life. I've always been one to deal with stress quite well but as my plate has been getting fuller and fuller, I've been finding it hard to not feel the pressure. I can't seem to sit still without thinking I should be doing something- my mind of constantly thinking of one thing to the next.

Don't get me wrong I love keeping my mind active and working on different things but knowing when to step back and take a moment to yourself is so important. Here are some ways that can help take the pressure off, when things get too much!

DON'T BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF


The only person that's hard on yourself is you. I know I push myself to do a hundred and one things at once and then feel guilty if I'm not working on something. If you can't complete something today, don't feel bad about doing it tomorrow. I don't know about you but I definitely have the perfectionist gene and sometimes it can be a blessing and a curse! But to keep my sanity I try and not be too hard on myself and just let myself off the hook ;)

TAKE TIME OUT


This is really hard as I literally put myself through my paces from the moment I wake up but I'm forcing myself to take a few minutes in the morning and just breath. I've stopped checking my phone messages constantly and just let my mind and body unwind in the morning and evenings. I also really enjoy working out as it clears my head and makes me feel good.

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY


I was ill a few days ago and I had some many things I wanted to do but if your body is suffering so will your mind. I couldn't think clearly and my thoughts were all muddled, I knew I wouldn't be able to focus on anything so I forced myself to rest! Don't feel guilty if you're sitting still or having a long nap. When I felt better I was able to work through my tasks efficiently with a clearer head.

KNOW YOUR LIMITS


I'm guilty of this one as I always like to push myself is every way I can - physically and mentally. I work out even though I sometimes have no motivation, I work on projects late at night and say yes to invites even though I should have an early night. If you know at the back of your mind it's too much then just stop, knowing your limits is not a bad thing - just be real with yourself. You will thank yourself in the long run.


How do you take the pressure off yourself?


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow