Pages

Search This Blog

04 May, 2014

POST HOLIDAY BEAUTY RESCUERS

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask,  Dove Style & Care Nourishing Dry Ends Serum

There's only so much skincare and beauty products I can squeeze into my suitcase, so only the essentials make the cut - sunscreen, deodorant, shampoo, you catch my drift. So after a few weeks on a sun soaked holiday, my skin and hair is looking less refreshed and more frazzled. I literally could not wait to rescue my skin and hair it from it's dehydrated and neglected state.

I skipped on the makeup at duty free and picked up the Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser - how comforting does that sound? With a 16 hour plane journey ahead of me I knew I needed something efficient to polish and buff away dead skin cells and impurities. This cleanser claims to reveal fresh and radiant skin, without drying it. It contains Orange extract and gentle microbeads to give my skin much needed exfoliation, as well as moringa seeds to refine the skin. I squeeze a small amount on to my hands and massage onto damp skin. The orangey scent is divine to wake up the skin and the microbeads are gentle without causing irritation. My skin felt energised and refreshed afterwards, ready for my moisturiser.

My skin although now sun kissed and bronzed, lacks much needed radiance. Thankfully I had the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask to turn to once I got home. This orange jelly like face mask is gentle and refreshing to apply, it's a gel type formula that doesn't dry out on the skin but gently exfoliates it and brings it back to life. I apply a generous amount all over my face and leave on for 10 minutes and my skin is soft to the touch once I rinse it off. It's a great mask to combat congested skin that needs a complexion boost.

Sea and pool water do no favours to my hair, so to restore my dry end and help bring back some much needed moisture, I use the Dove Style & Care Nourishing Dry Ends Serum. I usually apply this after I blow dry my hair, when it's slightly damp and it helps keeps the ends nice and soft. This oil based serum claims to smooth frizzy, rough and dry ends, I find that it's lightweight formula applies nicely, without leaving your hair feeling greasy and heavy. It's also leaves a nice shiny finish, which is great. I'm definitely a fan of oil based serums as I find them extra nourishing if used sparingly on the ends of your hair.


What are your skin pamper must haves?


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow