Pages

Search This Blog

10 April, 2016

ROCK 'N' ROLL BRUNCH AT HARD ROCK CAFE

ROCK 'N' ROLL BRUNCH AT HARD ROCK CAFE

How do you like to spend your Sundays? I like my lie ins, doing some blogging and if I'm feeling adventurous - some brunching. Who doesn't like brunch? You don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn for brekkie and still get the rest of your day to enjoy, win. I was kindly invited down to the Hard Rock Cafe in Park Lane (fancy I know) to try out their all new Rock 'N' Rock brunch menu*. I met up with my sister and made a day of it.
 
I'm sure most of you have heard of the Hard Rock Cafe, it's one of those iconic restaurants that musicians have graced for years. The restaurant by Hyde Park is in a lovely part of London away from the super busy and touristy streets. The moment we stepped in we were greeted by the friendly staff, buzzy atmosphere and music memorabilia on the walls. You could tell it was a family friendly place with little ones enjoying brunch with family as well as couples and groups of friends.

Rock 'N' Roll Brunch at Hard Rock Cafe







ROCK 'N' ROLL BRUNCH AT HARD ROCK CAFE
ROCK 'N' ROLL BRUNCH AT HARD ROCK CAFE
ROCK 'N' ROLL BRUNCH AT HARD ROCK CAFE

We settled in and checked out the all American brunch menu, for £29.95 per person this is what you get:

Bottomless Bloody Mary's or Mimosa, (virgin option) teas and coffees
Toasted bagel and home made pancakes 
Baked eggs with vegetables and parmesan cheese
Southern fried chicken, smoked bacon, chipolata sausages, potatoes, cowboy beans, tomatoes, mushroom and American style waffles.

Wowsa what a menu! I started off with the mimosas instead of the Bloody Mary's as I'm not a fan of tomatoe juice, it was nice and refreshing. Bagels are not really my thing, I find them too dry and bland although I have to say the salmon cream cheese spread was pretty good. The star for me were the pancakes, they were delicious! I find pancakes can be too thick and stodgy or too thin and limp. These ones were light and fluffy, tasted fresh from the pan. The warm fruit compote was the icing on the cake, much tastier than jam!

Rock 'N' Roll Brunch at Hard Rock Cafe
Rock 'N' Roll Brunch at Hard Rock CafeRock 'N' Roll Brunch at Hard Rock Cafe

The American style cooked breakfast was immense. Something Hang would of loved fo sho. It good how they present them on sharing platters, so it's nice and social to share with friends. The bacon were too crispy for me but the chicken was tender and soft, I've never had fired chicken this early in the day but I wasn't complaining! I also liked the grilled veg and sausages. I wasn't a fan of the baked egg and vegetable though, usually I love eggs but I didn't like the texture of this dish. 

Rock 'N' Roll Brunch at Hard Rock CafeRock 'N' Roll Brunch at Hard Rock Cafe

The live acoustic band was a fun entertainment to the morning, playing classics such as Breakfast at Tiffanys and Brown Eyed girl. As we were quite near the front it was noisy when they played their sets but the live music really puts you in a good mood!

Rock 'N' Roll Brunch at Hard Rock Cafe
ROCK 'N' ROLL BRUNCH AT HARD ROCK CAFE

This may not be a typical place I would choose to have brunch but I'm really glad to have had the chance to go and experience an American style brunch. I left feeling happy and full, couldn't ask for more. I like how it's not pretentious at all, it may be touristy but I like that! So forget your diet and avocado on toast, if you want some wholesome fun in a lively and friendly atmosphere The Hard Rock Cafe is the place for a hearty brunch.

I would love to know what you think of the brunch menu? You can reserve your space online to try the Hard Rock brunch from 10-12pm on Sundays at 150 Park Lane, London, W1K 1QY.

My rating:  
Food: 7/10
Atmosphere 8/10
Service 8/10
Value for money 9/10   

*I was invited as a guest, meal was complimentary, all opinions are my own.


What's your favourite place for brunch?


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow