Pages

Search This Blog

03 April, 2016

OASIS IN LONDON, BARBICAN CONSERVATORY

Barbican Conservatory London

London keeps teasing us with pockets of sunshine and showers lately, so basically that means leaving the house with sunnies, an umbrella and plenty of layers. Despite hazy temperatures and overcast clouds this weekend, my sister Thuy and I had a calm reprise in a tropical oasis hidden in the city of London at the Barbican Conservatory. I'm surprised I've never heard of this place, as I don't work too far away. Anyway it was a welcome escape from the urban chaos of London and it's free! How amazing is that?

On level 3 of the Barbican Centre you'll find the conservatory home to tropical plants, trees and flowers. It may be nothing like Kew Gardens or Garden By The Bay in Singapore but it was a little oasis in the City. It was so nice to be amongst nature for a change, a really chilled and relaxed way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. We strolled around in the conservatory taking in the tropical surroundings and lush greenery. There's even a small pond with exotic fishes! If you're interested in visiting, they are open 12-5pm on selected Sundays, the next openings are 10th, 17th and 24th April. They also have afternoon tea there, if you fancy making a day of it :)

 OASIS IN LONDON, BARBICAN CONSERVATORY
Barbican Conservatory
Barbican Conservatory
Barbican Conservatory
Barbican Conservatory
 OASIS IN LONDON, BARBICAN CONSERVATORY

I'm ready to start wearing cooler shades for Spring, including my favourite colours pink and grey and less black! I'm all about comfort when strolling around London, so donned my favourite boyfriend jeans from H&M, which are the perfect fit and wash. A super comfy grey tee from ASOS, bargain for £6! A blush pink blazer and these cute lace up flats. Not gonna lie, they rubbed the back of my feet but I hope I've broken into them now! They're worth a bit of pain though as they're super pretty :)


My sister and I carried on our day out in London by visiting the Alice in Wonderland exhibition at the British Library. I can't believe I've been never to that library, it's such a beautiful venue and the exhibition was quirky and sweet - the pop up shop was so fun as well! The exhibition is on until the 17th April, if you fancy popping along. We finished off our day with an amble around the British Museum. London has so many great places and things to do that don't cost anything! Sometimes it's fun to be a tourist in your own City :) Thanks sis for a lovely day! I hope you guys are having a great weekend, what have you been up too? 

*Item gifted

SHOP MY LOOK



Do you have any hidden gems where you live?


 Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow