Pages

Search This Blog

03 February, 2016

EVENING SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR COMBINATION SKIN

Evening skincare routine for combination skin

I wouldn't call myself a skincare junkie but I do love using an array of products to beautify my skin over night. You girls with me? Aside from sleep, lots of water and a healthy diet I like to invest in a good skincare routine to maximize nourishing my skin over night. I have combination and blemish prone skin (seriously why am I still getting spots in my 30's!) but these skincare beauties are doing a great job at keeping my skin looking and feeling tip top.

CLEANSERS


My favourite skincare step is taking off my makeup, I love that feeling of removing all the grime from the day haha. I usually use an oil cleanser but for Christmas I thought it would be nice to ask for the iconic Emma Hardie Moringa Balm Cleanser and see if it's worth the hype! This cleansing balm contains wild sea fennel and vitamin E, extracts of jasmine and rose to help purify, add radiance and deep clean the skin. I'm a sucker for gorgeous scents and this balm smells fresh, slightly citrusy with a hint of rose, such a treat to use on your skin. 

I take a small walnut size piece of the balm and rub together in my hands before massaging it gently all over my face, neck and eye area. It doesn't move your makeup around but dissolves it like magic (!) I take extra care around my lashes, it's pretty good at removing waterproof makeup but not as good as my oil cleanser. The balm comes with a great dual cleansing cloth, which I soak in warm water and use the muslin side first to remove all traces of makeup. I then use the microfibre side to buff and cleanse the skin. Honestly it's the best feeling, like having a mini facial. My skin looks bright, soft and dewy, I can't get enough!

Emma Hardie amazing face moringa balm cleanserEmma Hardie amazing face moringa balm cleanser

I'm all about the second cleanse, so I then go in with the Ren ClearCalm Clarifying Clay Cleanser. I've raved about this product many times as it's my go to cleanser for blemish skin and repurchased it countless times! The creamy clay formula helps purify, cleanse and unclogs the skin. It contains French clay to detoxify the skin as well as salicilin, which has antibacterial properties to help minimise blemishes. I use 1 pump onto damp hands and then massage it gently onto dry skin for about 1-2 minutes. It's feels really gentle and doesn't dry out the skin. If anyone suffers from breakouts, I would recommend this cleanser.

First Aid beauty Radiance padsRen Clearcalm clay cleanser

TONER


I like to use the First Aid beauty Radiance Pads in the evening to really help tone and brighten the skin. The FAB pads contains latic and glycolic acid and claims to exfoliate and even out your skin. I have old acne scars that I want to fade and I find with acid based toners, they slowly help reduce the pigmentation. The textured pad is moist with liquid and you wipe it all over your face for a super refreshing feel. They tingle slightly on the skin but nothing alarming! I haven't had any problems using these every night and I really love the feeling of brightening my skin tone and complexion over time. 

SERUM


I'm a bit of a floozy when it comes to serums, I've tried so many! I want a serum that will help even out my skin tone as well as packed with moisture and nutrients (not much to ask!) After some research I decided to invest in the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, which is £45 for 30ml. You guys know I love their Beauty Elixir, so I wanted to try out more from Caudalie. This serum is full of skin goodness, noticeably Viniferine, which apparently is 62 times more effective than Vitamin C in protecting your skin from free radicals, wowza. It also has anti-aging properties keeping the skin plump and soft.

The scent is fresh, luxurious and such a treat to use. One drop goes a long way, I dab it on the palm of my hands and press over my forehand, cheeks and neck. It leaves a non sticky film and dries quickly and by the morning, leaves my skin feeling plump and nourished. I've been using this product for 2 months and whilst my dark spots are still there, it does help heal new acne scars. I've stopped wearing foundation, so I guess the proof is in the pudding as they say!


NIGHT CREAM


To finish off my night time routine, I let the Caudalie serum sink in and follow with the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet. This lightweight gel cream is perfect to pop over the serum without feeling greasy or heavy. It also smells so nice, like all Caudalie products! It's packed with anti-oxidants and helps keep your skin nourished and healthy. It also helps sooth the skin and reduce redness. What I like about it is that it doesn't feel heavy and can be used day and night. It's aimed towards sensitive skin, which I don't have but I like how it makes my skin feel when paired with the serum. 

So that's my top 5 products to help beautify my skin over night!


 
What evening skincare products do you love to use?


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow