Pages

Search This Blog

04 November, 2015

WAYS TO RELAX WHEN YOU'RE ALWAYS ON THE GO

WAYS TO RELAX WHEN YOU'RE ALWAYS ON THE GO

For someone who likes lazing around chilling, I find it so hard to actually just relax. My evenings usually consist of having Netflix on, scrolling through YouTube on the iPad, whilst also Instagramming. Sound familiar to anyone?! It kind of defeats the purpose of actually chilling out when I can't concentrate on one thing! I'm sure most of us feel exhausted after a long day at work, probably hunched in front of a computer, constantly checking our phone and emails. I know I need to find ways to actually switch off. So if you're always on the go, hopefully these pointers will help you feel a bit more relaxed.

MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR MORNINGS


Use your mornings to enjoy some peace and quiet before you start your day. I used to set my alarm as late as possible to catch up on my sleep but that usually involved me rushing around and running out the door to catch the train. Not a great way to start the day at all! Even though you may not be a morning person, it really is the best time to relax and slowly wake up your body and mind. I set my alarm an hr earlier then I need to get ready. Start off with a good stretch, have a large glass of water, make breakfast and take your time getting ready. It makes such a difference, trust me!

DIGITAL DETOX


Yes I kinda hate that phrase but it works for this point! Disconnecting yourself digitally once in a while can really help you feel so much more calmer and less overwhelmed. What I like to do is leave my phone out of sight and on silence when I get home from work. I also switch it on airplane mode before I go to sleep. I used to always feel the need to be 'online' when I'm commuting to and from work but I found it just made me more agitated so I like to read a book or magazine instead.

MAKE PLANS TO DO NOTHING


Whilst some people thrive on non stop activities, I look forward to quiet evenings and weekends with no plans. Zilch. They are the best! No I don't just sit there and stare out the window. To truly relax, it's so nice to have no plans and spend it how you wish. Last weekend, I actually baked. I never bake!  FYI I made Deliciously Ella's sweet potato brownies. I listened to music on my iTunes, rather than listening to music on the go rushing to work. I also spent time organising my photos on my computer, incredibly satisfying. Everyone has different ways to relax, so make plans to do nothing once in a while, to recharge and have some me time.

 
How do you find time to relax?

Worth a read: Maintaining a good work life balance and  How to really switch off from your phone 


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow