Pages

Search This Blog

29 June, 2014

Miss Saigon Musical, London

Miss Saigon Musical, London

I love a good musical, so when my sister told us the amazing Miss Saigon was coming back to the London stage after 15 years, we immediately booked tickets! Miss Saigon left the West End when I was younger, before I got a chance to see it so I was really excited to finally see it all these years later.

The musical is produced by Cameron Mackintosh (also produced Les Mis, Cats,  The Phantom of the opera) and set in 1975 Saigon, telling an epic love story between an American GI Chris and young Vietnamese girl Kim. The ensemble cast performances were powerful, entertaining and extremely moving. The set and production was stunning, if you go see you, there is one scene with a helicopter that will blow you away! The lead cast, in particular Kim sung her heart out, number after number, so impressive, i'll have to download the soundtrack.

You can book tickets online, we paid around £70 for dress circle seats. It's showing at the Prince Edward Theatre in Old Compton Street, London W1D 4HS.

We grabbed a bite to eat before hand in Soho at a small Vietnamese cafe, it was also the weekend of Gay Pride, so it was super busy more than usual!



Even though I'm Vietnamese, I can't take spicy food too well! I love this noodle dish though - Bun Bo Hue, it's so tasty but has a seriously spicy soup broth.



What are your favourite musicals/shows?




Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow