Pages

Search This Blog

19 February, 2014

BANISHING BLEMISHES WITH LUSH

Lush toner water and grease lightning. Banishing Blemishes With Lush

An effective blemish fighting duo I've been using and loving recently is from Lush, after a great review from Miss Makeup Magpie, I knew I had to pick up Grease Lightning, this seem like the perfect spot fighting gel at a reasonable price. I also couldn't leave without picking up the Tea Tree Toner Water to add to my bag. I'm definitely guilty of being impatience with new skincare wanting  results overnight, but couldn't be more pleased with these products from Lush for clearing up my congested skin in a short amount of time.

I know toners divide many of you - do you really need one? What does it actually do to my skin? I'm definitely in the toner camp as it refreshes my skin and preps it's nicely for serums and moisturiser. One of my favourites is the clarifying toner from REN - which I love but seem to run out so quickly and it's not the cheapest bottle out there at £18. 

So step up this toner water from Lush that contains the antibacterial ingredient Tea Tree (obviously it's in the name!) which is super effective at fighting bacteria that causes spots. It also contains natural calming and antiseptic ingredients grapefruit and juniper berry. The spray bottle comes in 2 sizes - £3.95 for 100ml and £7.50 for 250ml, which are great prices I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase. I go a little spritz happy with the spray but it feels so refreshing on the skin, it doesn't sting or burn but leaves you with a nice tingly feeling. 

The product dries on your face after a few minutes ready for moisturiser. If you don't like the idea of spraying it onto your skin, you can also use a cotton pad which is just as effective. I don't have terribly problematic skin but like to keep spots and blemishes at bay, this toner is great at keeping skin clean and fresh without over drying it.
Grease Lightning is my new go to spot treatment, favouring it over the Origins Super Spot Remover (I know right?!) This Lush treatment gel is packed full of natural ingredients aloe vera, sea water and witch hazel to name a few. It's a light gel formula, which you pump out and pat onto the offending area. Unlike other spot treatments it feels refreshing on the skin and does not sting and feel tight. It leaves a thin film on your skin and dries clear. I use it on small areas on my T - Zone where pores get clogged easily, one pump goes a long way and you do get more than you need.

If you want to target a smaller area, I would suggest taking of the lid and dabbing a small amount off the pump itself to not waste any product. I didn't think I would find anything as effective than the Origins treatment but this gel is great at drying and clearing up blemishes before they get worse. Can you tell I love these products :)

 
Have you tried these products from Lush?


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow