Pages

Search This Blog

13 March, 2017

WAYS TO EMBRACE YOUR CREATIVITY & STAY INSPIRED

WAYS TO EMBRACE YOUR CREATIVITY

How bloomin lovely has the weather been in London, it finally feels warm as in no need to leave the house bundled up like the Michelin man. Can we say goodbye to Winter now? My creative juices had been collecting dust last month but I'm starting to feel inspired again. Nothing like lighter days and warmer temperatures to lift our moods right? So a new season means fresh and exciting ideas. If you've been feeling a bit uninspired lately, I wanted to share a few thoughts on finding that creative spark again - lets go!
 

FIND YOUR SPARK


How do we really find our calling, is there such a thing? First thing is to to ask yourself what would you like to change in your life? Are you happy doing what you're doing? I like to think of it as finding our spark :) I read about a really simple exercise in the book Change the Status Quo or Become it and wanted to share it with you guys. Write 3 lists, things you like doing, things you care about and things you are good at. This helps to focus on your passions, your skills and things that bring you pleasure. It's a good starting point to think about and finding that spark.

EMBRACE YOUR CREATIVITY


I recently read Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert, which is about 'creative living beyond fear.' It left me feeling really inspired to pursue my own creatively and be open to what's out there. Whatever your creative calling is, don't be afraid to make mistakes or take risks. Being safe won't inspire us.  Let your mind be open to new things. Talk to people you admire, go see a show or exhibition that sparks your interest, listen to a new podcast. I've been more open to creative people in the videography field and it has really help me hone in on my business.


EXPLORE & LEARN


When someone tells me they love a certain activity such as snowboarding or rock climbing, I try and be open minded and have the attitude of don't knock it til you tried it. You don't really know if you like or dislike something until you tried it right? I didn't have a clue about videography until I tried it but I knew I wanted to create films. I made loads of mistakes but I'm still constantly learning my craft. Don't stop learning or exploring, people don't become experts in their field overnight! If you want to grow you blog, start YouTube or set up a business just persevere. Trust me you'll get there, just keep creating!


ENVIRONMENT


The environment we spend most of our time in can really affect our creativity. Do you work from home or have your own workstation in your room? Is the space organised or organised chaos?! Either way create a space that helps you to think and feel inspired. In my office I like to have books, nice stationary and inspiration quotes on the wall. This helps me to feel focused, calm and motivated. Your space doesn't have to be Pinterest perfect just somewhere that makes you feel good creating ideas there. Comfy chair and good lighting are also key for me!

GO OFFLINE


There is so much going on, online I can't keep up it! It can seriously be overwhelming and information overload.When you spend a majority of your time scrolling to see what everyone else is up too, it's too easy to get caught up in other people's lives and honestly it doesn't always bring me joy. Of course I love finding new inspiration but don't let it overtake or cloud your creativity and thought process. I started to confuse and overwhelm myself with other people's ideas over my own, forgetting about my own 'brand'. 

So taking a step back and switching off helps us to focus on ourselves. Make time to go offline and focus on your own ideas and thoughts. I know everyone seems to be having a digital detox these days but I find myself naturally going offline for a day or two. I don't plan it, it just happens. It helps me detach myself from distractions and focus on my creative projects. Do you find going online an inspiration or distraction?

I hope you enjoy this post and it has inspired you to embrace your creativity! I would love to know what things you enjoy doing and how you stay focused?

    
How do you stay inspired?
 

Follow Hanhabelle

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow