Pages

Search This Blog

02 November, 2016

THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU'RE STUCK IN A LIFE RUT


Do you ever feel like your kind of stuck in a rut? A life one? I've been feeling this way recently, my daily routine has been feeling a little too samey and predictable. I cook the same meals, watch the same shows and wear the same clothes...does this make me boring? I hope not! I'm definitely a creature of habit and I love my home comforts but I feel like it's good to shake things up to feel more inspired and motivated. There's nothing wrong with having a routine but if like me you're someone who thrives on creativity, then here are some thoughts to break out of that rut!

GET OUTSIDE


It's getting darker and colder and it's tempting to just stay indoors, I get it - I love staying in too but taking time to go outside is great to feel refreshed and get some much needed vitamin D and exercise! If I've been indoors for too long or been sitting at my computer all day, stepping outside and changing my environment helps to hit the reset button. A change of scenery is great to make you feel a bit more inspired, appreciate the simple things around you and have a break from your routine. Even if it's changing where you walk on your lunch break or finding a different park to explore. Get out and get some fresh air to wake up your senses!

EMBRACE CHANGE


Change can be scary I get it, I like knowing what's around the corner but only when we try new things, we step out of a rut and our comfort zone. I know it's easy to say do things out of our comfort zone but I honestly believe it's a positive thing to embrace change, otherwise we can stifle our creativity. It doesn't have to be big changes. I've been trying to cook at least one new recipe a week. Something simple but it makes me look forward to cooking, which I don't really enjoy!

You can try a new fashion or beauty trend that you've never would have tried before. Wearing something different can make us feel a bit more giddy, even if it's a different style print or nail polish! I've been changing my makeup as well and not wearing the same shades that I always wear. Little changes in your habits and choices, makes us feel more conscious of our actions rather than plodding along doing the same things.


SPONTANEITY


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. 
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   
Mark Twain

I love a good quote and this one is really inspiring and makes me want to more adventurous! You can tell people to be more spontaneous but it's not for everyone and that's ok. Start of small and if you do want to change up your routine, then start by saying yes to things you wouldn't normally do or go to :) What's the worse that can happen right? I'm not a thrill seeker but I like trying new experiences, not to just say I've done it but to feel it and be in the moment.

My life is quite orderly and planned out but sometimes we all need a bit of spontaneity to lively things up a bit! A unexpectedly night out with friends, date night or event can help shake up your routine. My sister asked me to go to Germany for the Christmas markets, something I would never think to do. Now we're all booked and I'm really looking forward to it! Of course we don't all have to jump on a plane to be spontaneous but being open to new experiences can be really exciting and will definitely get you out of a rut.

SEEK NEW INSPIRATION


We're the generation obsessed with visual stimulation - being inspired with quotes, images, blogs and videos. I love these kinds of inspirations but even they can get a bit mundane if I don't keep my eyes and mind open to new things. I find seeking new inspiration and looking in places you wouldn't normally a simple way to refresh what we see. Follow different kind of people online, Instagram etc that are out of your niche. I've been a bit bored of my YouTube feed lately and looking for different type of content to watch rather then the usual favourites. Leave me any channels recommendation or Instagram accounts you've been enjoying lately!

I hope this post has inspired you to change up your routine, if you've been feeling a little stuck. It feels so good to be writing again. Let me know what you've got planned for November? I'm shooting a wedding next week in a lovely barn, can't wait :)


How do you get out of a life rut?


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow