Pages

Search This Blog

14 November, 2016

PARTY WEAR IDEAS, THE BLACK VELVET MIDI DRESS


It's the middle of November so that means party time ladies, time to pop the Prosecco, dust off your high heels and join in the festive fun :) As much as I love lounging on my sofa, there's always a fun buzz getting dressed up for a night out and Christmas means we can get away with a bit more glitz and glamour! I'm sure you've got events and parties coming up the next 2 months and as well as coordinating our dairies, we have to figure out what to wear. There's lots of fashion trends to don this Winter and one that I'm on board with is the velvet trend. Here's a Christmas party look featuring this gorgeous velvet midi dress, complete with accessories and makeup.  Hope you enjoy this style post and it gives you some outfit ideas for the party season! Now pass me the fizz....

 

THE LVD


A little black dress is the fail safe outfit for any special occasion right ladies? Well it's time for the little velvet dress, yes this luxe fabric is back with a bang this Winter and this midi dress from Preen/EDITION at Debenhams is elegant, feminine with a vampy vintage feel. The Preen/EDITION collection is super affordable compared to Preen's high end collection.

You can pair this dress with a beaded cardigan or faux far stole if you don't want to show too much skin. The midi dress falls at the right length for me (I'm 5'5) and the ruched detail and frilled hem actually makes me look curvier than I am! The sweetheart neckline adds a sexy vibe and the chest part is boned to give those with a bigger chest more support. It has a simple zip up the back and also comes with adjustable removable straps for a different look. I am loving the velvet trend, it instantly makes an outfit feel more dressy and luxe - perfect for Christmas!


THE CLUTCH BAG


This gold clutch fits perfectly in your hand or you can wear over your shoulder with the long chain for an effortless glam look. I love the ornate vibe with the mesh metallic design and gold plated hardware, it looks pretty and a bit edgy too! It closes with a clasp and because it's pretty small, it can only fit the essentials! Can't wait to rock this bag on a night out, even if it only means bringing out my phone and lipstick ;)
 


THE HIGH HEELS


I couldn't resist these rose gold sandals, they make such a fun change to my usual black heels. Their quite high (3.9 inches) but not too uncomfortable too walk in, just make sure you have breaks by sitting down at the bar! I love the criss cross straps and the wraparound ankle details. The back zip makes it super easy to slip in and out off, without worrying about fiddling buckles. The tapered toe design is also super flattering. The heels compliment the gold clutch nicely and adds a bit of colour to the black dress.

BEAUTY


Urban Decay have released a palette with 12 brand new matte shadows. If you love matte shades, then you'll love this mix of warm and cool tones. For this look I used the light beige (Blow) under my brow, taupe (Commando) all over the lid, finishing off with the pinky mauve (Instinct) and dark reddy purple (Lethal) in the crease. I have 2 of the Naked Pallets and I can't fault the formula, they applied nicely and the colours are really vivid.

They've also released liquid liners for the Christmas season and they come in a mix of cream and metallic shimmers. They're water resistant and the colours are intense! They're perfect to add some sparkle to your eye makeup


To finish off this party outfit, I'll be spritzing on some Marc Jacob Divine Decadence perfume. How amazing does this bottle look - love the gold chain detail! This perfume contains top notes of Champagne, Orange Blossom, Bergamot as well as base notes of vanilla and amber. This scent smells sweet, luxurious and lasts for ages. I was seriously impressed, I put it on at 8am and could smell it by the end of the day! They also have this great option of when you buy the perfume it comes with a sample bottle for you to try it out to see if you like it. You can then send back the unopened perfume if you don't like the scent.


 

GET THE LOOK


Dress - Preen/EDITION Black velvet dress.
Bag- Faith Francesca Clutch.
Heels - Faith Rose Lizzie Sandals.
Perfume - Marc Jacob Divine Decadence.
Eye Makeup - Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics and Urban Decay Razor Sharp Liquid Liner.

I really hope you enjoyed this party style post, I love getting dressed up! Let me know your plans for Christmas, do you have fun parties to go to and what party looks or trends you'll be wearing :) If you fancy a look, here are some outfit ideas from Debenhams to get you in the party mood! Also a little behind the scenes notes, I didn't know where to take photos of this outfit as it's not practical to wear this outside in the cold! Luckily Hang and I came across this restaurant not far from where we live that had function rooms upstairs, perfect to get some photos indoors! How do you plan outfit shoots? 

*This post is in collaboration with Debenhams.

 
What's your go to party wear outfit?

Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow