Pages

Search This Blog

23 June, 2016

WHY LIVING AN ORDINARY LIFE DOESN’T MAKE YOU BORING

WHY LIVING AN ORDINARY LIFE DOESN’T MAKE YOU BORING

Do you ever get the feeling that some other people's lives are so much more fun, cooler, exciting? We only have to scroll through our social media news feed to be inundated with snaps of exotic travel destinations, fancy new restaurants and glam events. It can be a never ending stream of everyone's 'highlight reel'. I know everyone only shows the best bits but it's still a version of their life, no matter how edited right ;) It can be easy to get obsessed with feeling like we should be in the limelight and always showcasing the best of the best of our lives but whats wrong with the normal and mundane? Living an ordinary life doesn't make you boring, far from it. Here are my thoughts on living an amazing life regardless!

Everyone has an opinion on what their idea of a good time is but it doesn't mean it has to be yours. My life may be uneventful or dull to some or fun and exciting to others. I have a 'normal' office job, run a blog and recently set up my videography venture. I'm a total homebody and love nothing better than staying at home watching TV with my hubs but equally I love traveling, partying 'til the early morning (sometimes!) and exploring new creative hobbies.  

People can have an opinion on your lifestyle but whatever your choices are, cultivate a life that enriches you. My sister wrote a lovely post on learning new things, not because we have to but because we want to. We learn to survive but when was the last time we learnt to thrive? Too often we get caught up in other people's going on's, what they're buying, seeing, doing and forget to live our own lives. I'm happy with my simple life, having less doesn’t make me feel like I’m missing out. I live for the little things and simple pleasures, trying new experiences for myself - not to 'brag' about it and appreciating what I have.

However you choose to live your life, my advice is to live it the way you truly want! Don't be confined or feel constrain with things around you or society. Be inspired, don't be afraid to try new things, look to live a true and authentic life and do things that sets your soul on fire - yes truly! There's always going to be someone who life is more 'shiner' and 'glossier' but I hope this post has inspired you to not worry too much about what everyone else is doing but be inspired to live a fulfilling life your way. 


What are you thoughts on living an ordinary/extra ordinary life?


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow