Pages

Search This Blog

29 May, 2016

STYLING THE BARDOT DRESS FOR SUMMER


There's something about a bardot dress that makes you feel all girly and Summery. Can you believe we are approaching Summer now? A scary thought but time to show a little bit more skin and don our favourite Summer dresses. I like anything loose and flowy when it gets warm and this neon bardot jersey dress* fits the bill. It's super bright, like highlighter pen bright but I love it. It makes me look like I have a tan (!) the jersey material is very forgiving (ideal for those post BBQ food babies!) and I'm on board for showing a bit of shoulder ;) Here's a cute way to style the bardot dress for Summer.

bardot jersey dressbardot jersey dress

The thing about bardot dresses is you don't have to add much to look dressed up, they look effortless. The off the shoulder style is cute, girly and subtlety sexy. You can add some glam with a chunky necklace or go for something dainty like I have. I'm pretty much never without my personalised gold bar necklace from Lisa Angel. I also added some gold bangles*, which I think look great with the neon colour - total holiday vibes!

To balance out the super bright neon, I paired the dress with neutral accessories, a tan duffel bag and these white block heel sandals*, which pretty much goes with everything! You can also wear with flats or lace up sandals for a more casual vibe. The midi length makes it perfect for day and night and the large ruffle neckline goes all the way around, giving it a floaty romantic feel. I know with some bardot dresses, the arm bit gets a bit tight and the sleeves bunch up but with this dress, the shoulder bit stays where they should! JD Williams also have a big selection of maxi dresses and holiday dresses if you want to check them out. Hope you enjoyed this Summer style post, are you a fan of bardot/off the shoulder dresses?

Hope you guys are having a nice bank holiday weekend, what have you got planned? I'm shooting a wedding at Syon Park this week, the venue is stunning, can't wait to share the video with you guys. Have an amazing week, let's hope the weather stays nice!

*Item gifted, all opinions are my own.


How would you style a bardot dress?


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow