Pages

Search This Blog

23 September, 2015

OUR WEDDING DAY DETAILS & PHOTOS


How you guys been? You may have noticed (or not haha) I've been MIA on here, as we've been away on our Honeymoon in Bali. You can see some snaps on my instagram, it's such a beautiful country I can't wait to share some more photos soon! Anyway I'm really excited to share our actual Wedding Day post, this might inspire or help out any future brides to be as well :)

THE VENUE


We wanted a venue that was in London but didn't feel too city like. We also wanted a lot of space and greenery without being a country manor. The Hurlingham Club sold us from our first visit and the whole planning process was professional and efficient. On the day itself the banquet manager and staff was so on point, we didn't have to worry about a thing.


THE DRESS(ES)

Shopping for my wedding dress was a big trail and error, I always knew I wanted something classic, timeless and elegant. After countless trips to boutiques and sample sales, I was so close to purchasing a Vera Wang dress I had tried on 3 times but something at the back of my head was saying it wasn't the one! I had to listen to my instinct and instead chose a much simpler strapless dress from David's Bridal that I absolutely adored. I loved the shape and the way it moved when I walked and it looked gorgeous during our first dance! I might do a post on the dresses that didn't make the cut ;) As you can see from the photos above, I also wore a beautiful red Vietnamese dress and hat (Ao Dai) that my mum got for me from Vietnam.


THE GROOM, USHERS & BRIDESMAIDS

Our colour scheme was blush pink and navy, with hints of gold and white. The navy 3 piece suit we chose for the Groom and Ushers were Ted Baker from Moss Boss Hire. We wanted something modern and classic and they look gorgeous against the bridesmaids blush dresses from ASOS. I chose 2 maxi dress styles and the girls looked so pretty. 


HAIR & BEAUTY

Can you believe on the big day I had forgot to pack my Urban Decay Primer Potion! I panicked but you know what you just got to go with it, in the end I used a bit of my face primer haha. I also wanted to mention the eyelash extensions I had done a few days before and honestly they made such a big difference. Emily, my lash technician did an amazing job at applying the lashes and they looked and felt so comfortable. When I first saw them I was like 'wow!' They looked amazing and I would highly recommend Emily.

I had gone for 2 hair trials at the hair salon, the first style was an up do with curls at the back. I always thought I was would get an up do but after a few hours with this style, it felt too tight on the back of my head and the front parts was dropping out. The style I went for in the end I felt was much more me. I had a side French plait with a side pony tail that was curled. It looked pretty and modern and didn't drop out at the end of the night.


WEDDING FAVOURS

If you saw my Pinterest board you'll know I wanted to give loose tea favours and macarons. I like the idea of something edible that wasn't chocolate as well as a take away that guests can use. I'm so impressed with how they turned out and they were so inexpensive. I sourced the glass jars and twine off EBay. The tea we got from The Tea House in Covent Garden (green tea with rose and mango) I designed and printed the tags myself.

To compliment the tea, I knew I had to ask Lucy from Lulu Macarons to make me some of her delicious macarons :) If you don't know Lucy, she writes a fabulous food and lifestyle blog Lucy Loves To Eat. In the end we chose her signature coconut and black sesame flavour - sweet but not too much. We got them in pink to match our colour theme. Everyone loved them, thanks again Lucy!



OUR SUPPLIERS

Photography: Irene Yap  | Flowers: Harley Flowers | Wedding Dress: Davids Bridal  | Hair - hs2hairandbeauty | Eyelash extensions - Emily Angel Beauty | Bridesmaid dresses - ASOS | Groomsmen suits - Ted Baker | Music - Funhouse Warble Entertainment | Cake: M&S | Lighting: Monitor Lighting.

Lastly my advice? I know it's hard but try and stick to your budget, it's very easy to get carried away and also most importantly do things your way it really is your day!


Thanks again for all your well wishes!


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow