Pages

Search This Blog

19 August, 2015

MAKEUP I'LL BE WEARING ON MY WEDDING DAY

MAKEUP I'LL BE WEARING ON MY WEDDING DAY

With the big day literally around the corner, I finally have everything I need to do my wedding makeup. It's quite nerve racking but I'm really happy with the products I've tried, tested, swatched and put against the elements! I've annoyed the socks of sales assistants at the makeup counters asking them what the difference between this and that product, haha. So here are the beauties that have made the cut, I would love to know if any of these are your favourites?

BASE & CONCEALER


To prime my face I'll be using the Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, which is a creamy texture but dries to a matt finish creating a smooth and even base, without drying out my skin. For my eyes I'll be lost without the Urban Decay Primer Potion, it helps keep my shadows in place without turning into an oily mess within 5 minutes!

Onto the most important makeup decision ever, which foundation to wear right ;) I was torn between Estee Lauder Doublewear Light and the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick, both leave a very natural finish and last really well even on hot and humid days. In the end I'm going for the Bobbi Brown as it has no SPF and applies like a dream. You can apply it directly to your skin and blend afterwards or load the product onto your brush, both ways leave a flawless finish. For concealer I'll be relying on my trusty Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer, which erases any dark shadows and blemishes, without looking cakey or dry. A dreamy combo well worth the money!

EYES & BROWS


I'm the most nervous about doing my eye make, I don't want to go too heavy handed on the day and make my eyes look smaller! I decided I want to stick to natural warm brown shades rather than black. The Urban Decay Naked palette is my go to for my eye makeup, I love the mix of shimmers and mattes. I'm still decided on which shades  excatly but will be lining my eyes with the Stila Waterproof eye liner in dark brown and the Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Demolition to tightline my eyes. I don't love this product so if you girls have a great recommendation for an eye liner to tightline, please let me know?

For my brows I've found a dreamy combo that really makes my brows stand out in a full and natural way. I finally ordered the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony from Cult Beauty, which is the closest match to my brows I've come across. Most brow pencils are dark brown and come across too brown or red on my black brows. To set them in place I love using the Benefit Gimme Brow, it's a really nice and natural and doesn't dry crispy or hard. I'll be having lash extensions on the day so won't need to worry about mascara!

CONTOUR & HIGHLIGHT


I love a bit of contouring and will be reaching for the Benefit Hoola Bronzer to attempt to chisel in some cheekbones as well as contour my nose. It's a matte bronzer and blends into my skintone really well without looking too orange or dirty. My go to highlight is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal, I dab a bit on the tops of my cheek bones for a subtle and pretty glow.

CHEEKS & LIPS


I was hunting for the perfect rosy pink and Bobbi Brown answered my prayers with their lipstick in the shade Tulle. You can see photos of the lipstick on in my Bobbi Brown Bridal makeover post. I've worn this for a whole day and it last quite well, it does fade but doesn't leave my lips dry or cracking. For a sexy flush of colour on my cheeks, I'll be wearing Nars Orgasm - their blushes last really wear and doesn't leave patches on my skin after a long day.

POWDER


Finally to set everything in place, the Laura Mercier pressed setting powder goes on like a dream. This powder is great for oily skin gals, if your skin is a little drier than try out the Universal powder. I like to press and roll the powder on my skin with the powder puff and it really sets in the product, it doesn't leave any colour or make you look ashy or dull.

What do you think of my bridal makeup kit? If you have any other long lasting, tear and sweat proof makeup recommendations please share them in the comments below!

      
What's your makeup must haves for a special event?
 

Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow