Pages

Search This Blog

05 April, 2015

THINGS THAT KICK MY FITNESS BUTT INTO GEAR

staying fit

There's nothing like an impending wedding to kick my fitness butt into gear (5 months to go!) I literally have no excuse, so at the end of last year I decided to get fit and gorgeous for this summer. I've shocked myself and my body and have swapped bags of Doritos for veggies and the TV remote for weights. So here are some things that's keeping me motivated and moving!

Equipment


I know I would never haul my ass to the gym so I've made working out at home enjoyable. I have a super comfortable pilates mat from Stotts, it's longer than a standard exercise mat, extra thick and velcro straps if I do want it use it on the go. It's changed how I workout as it doesn't put any strain on my spine, comfort is key.

Workout calender


I follow Blogilates fitness calender every month and I have to say I'm addicted! Her positive attitude is so encouraging and makes working out less of a chore. Her routines are a mix of cardio, HITT and pilates, targeting different areas such as your core, legs, abs, bum - she's got you covered. When I first started her routines, I couldn't even plank for 5 seconds, now my body feel stronger and I'm definitely starting to see definition and feel more flexible. What workout programmes do you guys follow?

Eating clean


Eating clean can be hard but if you want to see changes in your body, it's 80% of what you eat! I try and always cook from scratch, with as little processed food as possible and lots of veggies - kale and sweet potatoes are my fave at the moment. I've completely cut down on my snacking, if I want something sweet I always opt for fruit or some coconut yogurt and blueberries. I'm sure you've heard of Deliciously Ella, I've been whipping up her healthy lunch recipes for work - do you have any favourite recipes to share?

Apps


My Fitness Pal is a great app to track all your food and calorie intake.You can input your goals to loose, gain or maintain your weight. It also lets you know how much fats, carbs and protein you're consuming. I know life is not all about counting calories but it really does make you think about what you eat and where your calories are going! You can also sync it up with a pedometer device, to keep track of how many calories you're burning on the go. I'm also loving the fitness community online, some amazing ladies I follow include Lottie Murphy and Carly Rowena for fitness inspo. Who do you guys follow?


What helps you to stay fit and healthy?


Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow