Pages

Search This Blog

18 March, 2015

HOW TO DEAL WITH DAYS WHEN YOU LACK MOTIVATION

how to stay motivated

Do you ever get those days when you just can't be bothered? I know that's not very positive but there's no denying we can't be 'on it' 24/7. I try and start each day with a purpose, set mini goals and generally very optimistic about things but sometimes I wake up and I just feel flat. No creative energy at all, no desire or motivation to do the things I should and want do to. Fear not guys, I've got your back here's how to deal while those down days.

DON'T FORCE IT


I'm so guilty of this, forcing myself to do something when my mind and heart are not set on it properly. I don't like to leave things to pile up, I like my inbox cleared and my to do list ticked off but when you're not on your A game, step back and don't force anything. You won't be happy with what you produce, so come back to it when you feel more like yourself.

TAKE A BREAK


When you know you have a full day of endless tasks, phone calls to make or emails to write. It can feel overwhelming and daunting especially when you're lacking that drive and motivation. Take some time to step back and clear your head, close all those tabs on your Internet browser, silence your phone and just take a breather. Go for a walk, take your lunch break early and clear your head. There's nothing worse when your heads all muddled and you don't know where you're at.


"The quieter you become, the more you can hear."


DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF


When we're hit with deadlines or have clients to attend too, it can be difficult to step away but if you can find time to do something for yourself. Whether that's making yourself a cup of tea, listening to your favourite track on Spotify or reading a few pages of your book. It's nice to just shift your focus away from other people's needs for a while.

YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE


It can be tough when we feel like we have to please everyone and respond to messages straight away but try not to put too much emphasis on trying to please everyone. There's only so much you can do in 1 day. So when you are feeling a bit flat, keep your head down and focus on one thing at a time - there's always tomorrow.


How do you deal with days when you lack motivation?


Follow me on 

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow