Pages

Search This Blog

07 March, 2014

GIORGIO ARMANI LUMINIOUS SILK FOUNDATION

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

I took a trip to the shopping mecca Selfridges beauty hall, (which is just pure beauty heaven) to get my hands on Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. The sales assistant colour matched me to shade 5.5 and I happily left with the bottle and £35.50 lighter, I had to make a speedy exit before anything else caught my eye! I try not to get my hopes up for hyped up products but after wearing this recently I can definitely see what the fuss is all about.

Shade

From the whopping 24 shades on offer you are bound to find your perfect match, the shade 5.5 matches me well, closer than any other foundation I've tried. It a lovely warm beige colour, which blends into my yellow toned skin effortlessly. I've been disappointed with foundations in the past when they come up too cool on my warm toned skin, that's not the case here.

Formula & Coverage

It's a runny liquid consistency and I was worried it would make my combination skin oily but it leaves a lovely sheen on my skin - not shiny at all. The liquid is easier to blend than other thicker formulas and doesn't leave any streaky brush marks on my face. It smooths over any uneven areas and doesn't accentuate my large pores. The coverage is medium and easily buildable with the convenient pump. I do have to use a concealer to go over dark spots and acne scarring. As it's oil free, it's hydrating and doesn't settle on any dry patches you may have. The formula feels weightless with a silky texture, no heaviness or cakey feeling.

Finish & Staying Power

It leaves a silky veil on your skin that's not too dewy or matt, the perfect base for you to work on for all skin types. I personally think the name Luminous Silk is a little misleading, the finish is not really 'luminous' or glowing but rather a silky and even finish. The longevity on this product is pretty impressive, I don't need to touch up as much after a long day and there's not as much flakiness on my T zone nor does it oxidise. Another bonus for me is that it's SPF free, perfect for picture taking without any white cast. It also have a nice subtle scent, like a fancy face cream - if you like that kind of thing!

From the sleek packaging, to the finish and coverage, I'm really pleased with the results of this foundation and feel it's worth the price tag. It's fail safe to make me feel fresh and flawless, GA - you may be my HG :)


What are your favourite high end foundations?

 Worth a read: The flawless base, Laura Mercier pressed powder.
Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow