Pages

Search This Blog

19 January, 2014

BOLD LIPSTICKS, MAC & RIMMEL

Rimmel Renew Moisture lipstick

It might be a seasonal love affair but I can't get enough of bold lip colours at the moment. There's nothing like a slick of bright red, pink or purple to make you feel instantly done up or glam. First up I knew I would get on just fine with Rimmel Renew Moisture lipstick in 'As you want Victoria', it's a deep reddy pink and a dream to apply. It feels creamy and soft on the lips with a glossy finish, all great for a lipstick that's less than £7. The colour is vibrant and really packs a punch, the only downside is that it did stain my lips, taking it a bit longer to remove. Overall I'm really impressed with the texture and finish of this lipstick, I might have to pick up a few more from this range...

Rimmel Renew Moisture lipstick

Next is a oldy but goody from Mac - Rebel, it was love at first swatch when I tried this on in the store. It doesn't look as intense as the colour in the bullet or photos, it's more of a berry red as opposed to a purply red. It's the right shade of vampy and great for a boost to your make up look. The colour reminds me slightly of Rimmel Kate 107 Wine but this is more of a plumy tone.

It's a satin finish so it's creamy with a semi matte finish, which I think works well for darker shades but can be a bit drying when wore for a few hours. Next time I will pair this with a lip liner to prevent any bleed around the edges - do you have any suggestions for a good colour match? I'm currently getting a kick out of both shades but the Rimmel gets bonus points for longevity and colour pay off, plus you can't beat the price.

MAC LIPSTICK REBELMAC LIPSTICK REBEL SWATCH
Top: Mac Rebel
Bottom: Rimmel As You Want Victoria


What are your favourite bold lipsticks?

Follow me on

You might also enjoy

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH

A LONDON LIFESTYLE BLOG BY HANH
Sharing content to inspire you to live a beautiful life inside and out.

Social


hanhabelle@gmail.com

Follow